Sorry for the lack of updates over the past two months. We are still working on the game despite some challenges. We remain committed to improving the game. We will be finishing the Japanese version (VO, subtitles, and UI) and the Chinese version (subtitles and UI) soon. After that, we will add more weapons and abilities, improve the diversity between different enemies, and implement more content. Thank you for your patience.
What we are working on:
- We cast Tajima Saran as Stella’s Japanese CV and Onodera Yuki as Magnus’ Japanese CV. We have finished recording all Japanese VO.
- We added English subtitles, which will be released in an updated build soon.
- We have finished translating all text to Japanese, and are working on translating text to Chinese.
- We are working on the ability to switch VO, subtitle, and UI language.
Why we had a lot of delays:
- The game had decent sales, but was still below our initial estimates. We identified a lot of bugs and issues, which we quickly fixed. However, it will take us more time to add more gameplay and enemy diversity, which was a key thing people wanted. However, with the lower sales than predicted, we had to rethink our development a bit.
- I couldn't work on this game full time anymore, since it was financially unsustainable. I had to spend time interviewing for a day job and continue working on the game in a much more limited capacity. Our other main developer traveled back to China to get married and got caught up in the Shanghai lockdown. We also couldn’t afford to bring our contractor on full-time. Overall we just didn't have much availability to work on the game over the past two months.
- The Japanese voice-over and in-game localization effort were much more time-consuming than we had initially anticipated. While we have finished casting the JP voice actors and finished our VO recording, there are still many issues in-game, such as bugs with subtitles and improper text formatting.
- We are working to address our lost development bandwidth but will need some time for our plan to come together.