Our latest alpha build (0.7.3) has been completed. The build features a brand new ranged variant of the Elemental Spirit, our first ranged enemy type. Update the Sword Reverie Alpha from Oculus to try out the new build!
Defeat the ranged elemental spirit from afar or block their ranged attack with your sword until you can get closer. 0.7.3 also has two additional levels. Level 6 introduces you to the ranged elemental. Level 7 allows you to investigate outposts to track down the Elemental Centaur.
Lots of the voice acting are still placeholders which we will replace soon. We also had some regressions on the sound effects in this build which we are working to resolve. Please bear with us.
Please complete our survey to let us know your thoughts!
We plan on releasing another 1 or 2 alpha builds before we consider the content of the game ready for Beta. We are working hard to wrap up the development of all the content we had planned for Early Access. Your patience allows us to ensure that when we release in Early Access, Sword Reverie becomes the starting point for an exciting adventure.
However, development doesn’t end there. We have additional enemies, abilities, weapons, bosses, and even graphics improvements planned ahead.
Full 0.7.3 Patch Notes:
- Added new enemy type: Ranged Elemental Spirit
- Block ranged attacks to avoid getting hit
- Created two new levels (6&7)
- Learn how to counter ranged enemies in Level 6
- Investigate outposts, learn more about Stella’s past, and find hints to track down the Elemental Centaur in Level 7.
- Added locked chest mechanic
- Bug fixes and improvements
- Fixed issue where pauses right before level completion caused unexpected behavior
- Fixed bugs and made improvements on Enemy AI
- Enemies now drop loot from Level 2 and onward
- Added objective indicators to Level 3
- Added chests to Levels 2 and Level 3